Sunday, May 27, 2007

Still Alive

Well I have not forgotten to post it is just that I have been doing the same thing every week and I thought that might be boring for some people to read. My weeks are full of classes and studying. I was taking 5 classes and 2 languages, but this past weekend it was cut down to 1 language and 3 classes for right now. I had to drop my RSL class and I am hoping to get a private deaf tutor in July. Which will be much better for me. I am exciting about the challenge. However she does hear a little and only speaks Russian, but I learned from the past few weeks that it will be to my advantage to learn this way with my new tutor. So to say the least I have been staying very busy, and on top of that we just had a volunteer team arrive yesterday.
Our volunteer team is here working with the large university student population here in our city. They will be conducting English Clubs while they are here. We even have times where I whole team is involved in some ministry opportunities which I am excited about just so I know what goes on when teams come so I can better prepare and plan for when teams come and work with me.
Jen and I do a Bible Study each morning and right now the study really prepares people for the field and also continues to while you are on the field. Through the past week when we did our study God has just been showing me to love others which I do, but this week God really laid on my heart the student population as I ride the bus and tram with them daily. My heart has just hurt for the young people here in a life of sin. I see them on a daily basis drinking and smoking starting a very young age. I am so excited as I go to church here each week and as I see more and more young people at church. They are few but the ones there are strong in the faith which is a great blessing. I am also so thank for teams like the one here this week who have answered God's call to Siberia to reach the student poplutation in our city. Please pray for the students here and pray that as I live here God will give me an opportunity to minister to the deaf and hearing students. Pray for our team as we try and reach them.

2 comments:

The Minstrel said...

It's good to see you are doing well. I'm glad that you are adjusting there...you had me a little worried for you at first, but I had faith that Dad would pull through...Love ya Hope...you're the best.

Stacy said...

Hopey, I am so glad to hear that you are doing so well! Looks like you are having a lot of fun! I know that this is probably the most challenging of all the things you have ever done, I am so proud to be your friend. You are doing such a great work! Wanted to let you know also that everything's going well with baby so far, waiting on his arrival in August!

"Since my youth, Oh God, you have taught me, and to this day I declare your marvelous deeds." Psalm 71:17

Love you, Stacy